Sunday, 24 April 2016

Anzac Day Memorial

Our recent artist in residence project was to honour the diggers from WW1.  As the project was so specific I wanted to make sure that we encapsulated the significant events that the soldiers had to deal with. Something I felt was important was to make sure that the design didn't become a cliché. So I thought to be respectful to this project it would be good to set the scene in the trenches, the place where most of the fighting took place and where many lives were lost.

Our students were able watch this process as the design was built up and moulded in clay. Then a rubber mould was taken and finally the design was poured in cement. As you can see the final design turned out great. As you can see the artist did a great job at incorporating some great details.


Each student in the school also created their own clay poppy tile which became a frame around the finished design.





Til Next time and LEST WE FORGET,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment