Sunday, 24 April 2016

Engaging students with Street Art

When planning for classes this term I really wanted to make sure we had content that was going to engage our students and keep them motivated.  So I thought about street art and how it's current, bright, colourful and interesting.

Anyway, we started out by printing our brick wall backgrounds. We cut foam blocks and used a variety of colours of paint with sand mixed it to create a textured brick finish, The hardest part of this for students was getting them to position the bricks so they weren't lined up but were in a brick formation.

Students then had to decide on a theme for their 'piece'. They had to include a catchphrase and their tag. We traced images and used posco pens to so that we could achieve bright images. I really liked the range of ideas and interests that students came up with. As you can see there were some great results.



Til Next time,
Kat






No comments:

Post a Comment